How’s it going guys? I came across an article that talks about how to tell if you’re a bad roommate. Luckily, none of the things it talks about describe me. Wouldn’t that be funny if I was writing a blog all about bad roommates and it turned out that I was actually the bad roommate? Anyway, I’ve compiled a list of some of the things they discuss in the article:
• You’re a gamer. Not only do you hog the TV, but you yell commands through your headset. Give your roommate a chance to catch up on a TV show or just have some peace and quiet.
• You’re always at home. If it were the other way around, you would want to be at home alone for an hour or two a week, wouldn’t you? Get out of the house and do something productive.
• You’re broke. If you can’t pay your half of rent and the bills, you’re a horrible roommate. No explanation needed.
• You invite family over. If you have your parents or grandparents over for dinner, make sure your roommate isn’t there. It’s exhausting to make small talk and be polite to people, especially in your own home.
• You don’t buy groceries. You either eat a ton of fast food (and probably leave the wrappers all over the house) or if you’re too lazy to go out and get anything, you end up eating your roommate’s food. You also don’t help out with buying toilet paper, garbage bags, or cleaning supplies.
• You have a live-in girlfriend or boyfriend. Your roommate didn’t sign up for two roommates, or they’d only be paying 1/3 of the rent instead of 1/2. Sure, have your significant other over for dinner or to watch some TV, but don’t have them over every day.
So there you have it. If you identify with any of the things I listed above, you’re probably a bad roommate and you should think about changing some of your habits. In all honesty, none of those things would actually bother me if any of my roommates did them. I’ve lived through much worse!
Until next time,